How can I save taxes on the sale of my farm or ranch?
How do I invest proceeds from the sale of my farm or ranch to create secure retirement income?
What are financial strategies for selling a farm or ranch?
What is a 1031 exchange?
What is a charitable remainder trust?
How much capital gain tax will I pay if I sell my farm or ranch?
Selling a farm or ranch typically creates significant tax consequences. Without proper planning prior to a sale, the wealth a family has worked a lifetime to create may be eroded by up to 50% or more.
Our Wealth Guide titled Financial Strategies For Selling a Farm or Ranch will illustrate the sale of a highly appreciated $15 million ranch. It will examine how the use of proven wealth preservation strategies will allow a family to:
- Decrease taxes paid on the sale
- Increase annual income for retirement
- Increase wealth passed to heirs
- Increase money left to charitable organizations
The advanced planning strategies include:
- IRC Section 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchange
- IRC Section 664 Charitable Remainder Trust
- IRC Section 121 Personal Residence Exclusion
- Strategic sale price allocation
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
To view the Wealth Guide: Financial Strategies For Selling a Farm or Ranch, click here